1.1 General Instructions
- Please refer to item wise instructions before filling up the form.
- Fill in the form in English using Capital letters, except for signature. Forms must be filled in applicant's own handwriting.
- Use only BLACK or BLUE Hi-Tec type pen to fill up the form.
- Square boxes provided in the forms are only for writing the alphabets in capitals or numbers. Only one alphabet or number should be written in one box. Wherever codes are given, fill in the boxes with the appropriate codes.
- Overwriting, striking off or erasing in any of the forms may lead to rejection and should be avoided. Any discrepancy in the statement and/or submission of incomplete forms will lead to rejection of application/cancellation of admission.
- Keep a photocopy of the filled application for future reference. Application number must be quoted in all future correspondence.
- Applicants who are required to submit photocopies of marks cards, certificates or any other documents must ensure that:
- The photocopies are taken on A4 size paper only.
- The print is clear and legible.
- Both sides are photocopied if the original document is printed on both sides.
- Application number must be written at top right corner of all the photocopies.
- Do not fold the form. Do not staple or clip the form with any other enclosures, keep it loose. All marks cards and certificates, if any,M must be stapled together. Demand draft must be kept loose. However, cost of application form can be remitted electronically also.
- The demand draft should be drawn in favour of 'Sikkim Manipal University’ payable at Gangtok or electronic transfer can be made to Axis Bank Ltd., Rangpo, Account No. 441010100069632, IFSC Code: UTIB0000441, Bank Code: 211.
- The application number and candidate name should be mentioned on the reverse side of the demand draft.
- Fees once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- B. Tech. counseling and admission under MU-OET will be centrally conducted. Counselling for B.Tech under JEE & SMIT Offline Test will be conducted at SMIT and the counselling dates and cut-off ranks will be displayed on website www.smu.edu.in.
1.2. Form Filling Instructions
- CODE OF COURSE APPLIED: Write the code of the course applied in the box.
Technical Courses 1 B. Tech (ECE, CSE, EEE, IT, ME, CE, E&IE) through AIEEE & SMIT OFFLINE TEST 101 2 B. Arch 102 3 B.S (Engg.) 103 4 Integrated M.Sc. (IT, CS, Software, Networking, Embedded Systems) 104 5 Lateral B. Tech.( ECE) 105 6 Lateral B. Tech.( CSE) 106 7 Lateral B. Tech.( EE) 107 8 Lateral B. Tech(IT) 108 9 Lateral B. Tech.( ME) 109 10 Lateral B. Tech.( CE) 110 11 Lateral B. Tech.( AEI) 111 12 BCA 112 13 MCA 113 14 M. Tech (Power Electronics) 114 15 M. Tech (CSE) 115 16 M. Tech (IT) 116 17 M. Tech (Digital Electronics & Advanced Communication) 117 18 M. Tech (Material Sciences and Nano Technology) 118 19 M. Tech (Production Engineering) 119 20 M. Tech ( Structural Engineering) 120 21 M. Tech (VLSI Design and Embedded Systems) 121 22 M. Tech (Process Control and Instrumentation) 122 23 PG Diploma in Geo Informatics 123 Medical Courses 24 MBBS 201 25 B.Sc. (Nursing) 202 26 BPT 203 27 Integrated M. Sc Medical Biotechnology 204 28 Bachelor in Medical Lab Technology (BMLT) 205 29 Post Certifcate B. Sc Nursing 206 30 M. Sc Medical (Anatomy) 207 31 M. Sc Medical (Biochemistry) 208 32 M. Sc Medical (Physiology) 209 33 M. Sc Medical (Microbiology ) 210 34 M. Sc Medical (Biotechnology) 211 35 MPT 211 36 Master in Hospital Adm. 212 37 MD/MS 222 Other Courses 38 BBA 301 39 B.Com. 303 40 B.A. 304 41 MBA 401 42 M.Sc. (Chemistry) 402 43 M.Sc. (Mathematics) 403 44 M.Sc. (Physics) 404 45 M.Sc (Environmental Science) 405 46 M.Phil (Mathematics) 406 47 M.Com 407 48 M.A. 408
Candidates seeking admissions can use one application form for two or more courses.
According to preference fill up the code. For example: If the course applied is Technical and first preference is B.TECH and second is M.Sc. (Chemistry), write first 101 and then 402 as under:
- NAME OF THE APPLICANT:
Write your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as it appears in your 10th standard marks card. Leave one blank box between adjacent words. Do not use any prefixes like Dr., Mr., Mrs., Miss/Ms etc.
For example, MR. S VINOD KUMAR OJA should be written as:
- DATE OF BIRTH:
Enter the date, month and year of your birth as recorded in the 10th marks card in DD/MM/YY format only. When the number of date or month is a single digit, zero should be prefixed.
For example: 5th June 1989 should be written as:
0 5 0 6 8 9
- GENDER: Tick the appropriate box only
Ö MALE FEMALE
- NATIONALITY: Write your nationality.
- CASTE: Write GEN/SC/ST/OBC/MBC.
- CATEGORY: Specify the category by a tick mark under the appropriate category.
For example: If the candidate is from the North East having the permanent domicile certificate then tick below that category
General North East Defence GTA Sikkim PF NRI/PIO/Indian workers
in Gulf Countries
- NAME OF THE ENTRANCE TEST APPEARED/APPEARING: Specify the category by a tick mark under the appropriate category.
JEE SMIT Offline Test
(for B.Tech. only)
(For MBBS Only)
MAT CAT NATA
- TEST CENTRE CODE: Write the code of the test centre for SMIT OFFLINE TEST (for B.Tech Only) and online UGET1 (for MBBS). You can give two choices as per priority.
TEST CENTRE CODES TEST CENTRE CODES AHMEDABAD 01 KANPUR 16 ALLAHABAD 02 KOLKATA 17 BANGALORE 03 KOTA 18 BHOPAL 04 LUCKNOW 19 BHUBANESHWAR 05 MANGALORE 20 CHANDIGARH 06 MANIPAL 21 CHENNAI 07 MUMBAI 22 COIMBATORE 08 NOIDA 23 DELHI 09 PATNA 24 ERNAKULAM 10 PUNE 25 GANGTOK 11 RANCHI 26 GUWAHATI 12 VARANASI 27 HYDERABAD 13 VIJAYAWADA 28 JAIPUR 14 PORT BLAIR 29 JAMSHEDPUR 15 SILIGURI 30 SILCHAR 31 JORHAT 32
In case number of candidates are less than 10 in any centre, candidates will be allotted any of the next nearest test centres.
Candidate applying for BBA/BCA/MCA/MBA or any other course should not write any of the above test centre code.
- NAME OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN: Write the name of your parent or guardian
For example: MR. ANAND KUMAR OJA should be written as:
- ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE: Write the complete postal address including PIN CODE to which communications are to be sent.
For example, the address:
MR. S VINOD KUMAR OJA
S/O ANAND KUMAR OJA
SOUBHAGYA NIVAS, HNO. 26A, MAJITAR
RANGPO POST, EAST SIKKIM - 737 136
Write as shown below (Do not repeat name of applicant)
- STATE/ UNION TERRITORIES CODE: Enter the state/UT code given from the following table.
For example: If the name of state is Rajasthan, then corresponding code, RJ to be entered
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Jammu and Kashmir
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Daman and Diu
- STD CODE AND TELEPHONE NUMBER: Write the STD code followed by your telephone number.
For example: (03592)246048 should be written as:
- MOBILE NUMBERS: Mobile numbers of applicant/parent/guardian should be provided in the appropriate box.
For example: 9900225832 should be written as:
9 9 0 0 2 2 5 8 3 2
- EMAIL ADDRESS: Writing the e-mail of applicant and parent/guardian is compulsory as all the correspondence will be made through the email only. The application form without email id may be considered as incomplete and may lead to rejection. Write the e-mail IDs in CAPITAL letters without blank spaces.
For example: firstname.lastname@example.org should be written as:
V I N O D . K U M A R O J A @ G M A I L . C O M
- PHOTOGRAPH OF APPLICANT: Applicants must paste their most recent colour photograph (not older than 3 months). Do not pin or staple the photograph.
- SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT: Sign within the box without touching the edges
DETAILS OF 10th EXAM: Write all specified details of 10th exam.
DETAILS OF 10+2 EXAM: It is only for the courses which requires eligibility of 10+2. If the result of the qualifying examination is not declared/withheld or apperaing in the exam, kindly leave the space for marks as blank and write other details.
- DETAILS OF UG/DIPLOMA EXAM: Applicant appling for Post Graduate courses/Lateral B.Tech should give details of their Graduate degree/Diploma exam. If the result of the qualifying examination is not declared/withheld or apperaing in the exam, kindly leave the space for marks as blank and write other details.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM (i) No document to be attached with the application except DD as the case may be.
- The demand draft should be drawn in favour of 'Sikkim Manipal University' payable at Gangtok.
(ii) Duly filled application form of any course to be sent by either speed post or courier service to
Admission Officer (Technical Campus)
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Majhitar, Rangpo 737136 (East Sikkim)
(iii)SMU Entrance Exam fee
a) Rs. 1000/- : For SMIT OFFLINE TEST (for B.Tech.)/M.Tech./Lateral Entry
b) Rs. 750/- : For BCA/MCA/MBA
c) Rs 2000/-: For online UGET1 (for MBBS)